Tuesday 16 July 2013

Raspberry Pi

Today, I ordered my Raspberry Pi MODEL B directly from RS Components.  It should arrive here in a couple of days...

I also added the Raspberry Pi Camera Module to the shopping cart, along with a micro-USB Power supply, SD cards, and HDMI cable.   I already have a suitable keyboard and mouse, but decided not to bother with the case.

I ordered blank SD cards as I will do all the operating system imaging myself.  One card is intended for running Raspbian "wheezy" - this is an optimized version of Debian, and I'll be using this for my interfacing projects.   I also bought a card for RISC OS, this is a very neat little operating system, and fancy having a play with it sometime...

I'm not sure what I'll be doing with the Raspberry Pi Camera Module just yet, but it only made sense to order one anyway...

2 comments:

  1. hi, i have armdroid 1 too, and its condition was very bad, somehow i restored it again after building a new electronic board and now all motors works fine. but , i have some issue with setting the belts and they stuck some times and i cant figure out how to solve it. so, i waiting for your next post........good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You. Will be interesting to see if my timing belts also suffer from the same problem as yours. I'm certainly looking forward to resuming the project - hopefully in a week, or less.

      Delete